Hazwoper 8 Hour Annual Refresher Course
This course meets the requirements in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 for eight hours of annual refresher training for workers at hazardous waste sites. This course is designed for general site workers who remove hazardous waste or who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances or health hazards. Topics include HAZWOPER regulations, safety and health plans, hazardous chemicals, safety hazards, air monitoring, medical surveillance, site control, decontamination, personal protective equipment, and respiratory equipment. This course covers the topics in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120. Prerequisites: Enrollment is open to those who have already completed the 40-hour or 24-hour HAZWOPER training.
- Be able to read and understand OSHA regulations and requirements
- Use Site Characterization to identify hazards found in the workplace and steps to be taken to minimize hazards
- Better understand the principles of toxicology and how they relate to various types of chemical exposures
- Develop a Medical Surveillance Program and understand its purpose
- Identify the uses for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and how to choose the correct PPE for a situation
- Understand the principles of decontamination as well as levels of decontamination and decontamination methods
- Have a better understanding of potentially hazardous situations involving corrosives, solvents, oxidizers, and reactive chemicals
- Understand the various considerations in an emergency and the importance of training and actions to personal safety and the safety of others
- Regulation Overview
- Hazard Recognition
- Site Characterization, Analysis, and Control
- Medical Surveillance
- Safe Work Practices and PPE
- Chemical Awareness
- Emergency Procedures
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page.
To be eligible to take the 8 hour refresher course, you must have taken the 24 or 40 hour HAZWOPER course.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion.
Quizzes - All quizzes must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson.
Final Exam- Final Exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times if necessary.