Materials Handling and Storage for General Industry
This course specifies the materials handling and storage procedures developed by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to reduce injuries resulting from mishandling or improper storage.
- Understand general material handling concepts
- Service multi-piece and single-piece rim wheels
- Identify powered industrial trucks
- Maintain overhead and gantry cranes
- Understand the safety requirements for crawler, locomotive, and truck cranes
- Identify different types of slings
- Understand the requirements for inspecting derricks
- Recognize the safety requirements for helicopter operations
- Using Material Handling Equipment
- Tire Servicing Equipment
- Wheel Component Acceptability
- Safety Operating Procedure
- Powered Industrial Trucks
- Overhead and Gantry Cranes
- Crawlers, Locomotives and Truck Cranes
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page.
This course has been approved for 1 hour.
Quizzes - All quizzes must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson.
Final Exam- Final Exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times if necessary.