Personal Protective Equipment for General Industry
This course will provide the employers and the employees with knowledge concerning the proper selection, care and use of personal protective equipment. They will be informed of the requirements for compliance with OSHA requirements
- Describe the role of PPE in controlling exposure to hazards in the workplace.
- Identify parts of the body most vulnerable to injury, name hazards associated with each, and describe the appropriate PPE.
- Personal Protective Equipment Standard
- Employer Responsibilities
- Employee Responsibilities
- Eye and Face Protection
- Respiratory Protection
- Why Head Protection is Important
- Potential Hazards
- How Hard Hats Protect and Employee's Head
- Occupational Noise
- Caring for Hearing Protection Devices
- Why Hand Protection is Important
- Potential Hazards to the Hand
- Preventative Measures
- Instructions for the Safe Removal of Contaminated Gloves
- Foot Protection
- Potential Hazards to the Foot
- Preventative Measures for Foot Safety
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page.
This course has been approved for 1 hour.
Quizzes - All quizzes must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson.
Final Exam- Final Exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times if necessary.